Awesome! You’re taking the first step toward joining our team!
We can always use new volunteers and you will find the experience to be both rewarding and challenging. Also, this is a great way to provide community service and give back to the community.
Here are some things you need to know
- Our group typically has two to five performances per month and multiple performances through the Lunar New Year (i.e. all-day performances on weekends prior to and after the Lunar New Year.) As a team member, we come to rely on your ability to show up and dedicate your time so that we can have established Lion and Instrument teams. You must have this commitment.
- You must have your own medical/health insurance.
- If you are a minor, you must have your parent/guardian’s permission to participate (and your parent/guardian must complete the form below for you).
- You (and parent, if applicable) must complete a CCBA General Release form prior to any participation with our group.
- If you will be driving to and from performances or are a parent/guardian who will be driving performers including yourself/child, you must complete a Private Vehicle Performer Transportation Minimum Requirements form.
These are some additional benefits of joining our group
- Complete your community service/service learning hours. We can provide sign-off and letters as needed.
- Qualify for the CCBA’s Rollie Quon Memorial Scholarship. This college scholarship awards one (sometimes two) scholarship recipients who are graduating high school seniors and have been active in the San Diego Lucky Lion Dancers for a specified time.
- Make new friends and network with other volunteers who are now in college or working professionals.
- There are too many other perks and experiences to list that come with performing.